Wood is the most essential raw-material for many furniture since the ancient time.
Wood is an indispensable material for today’s interior decoration. Whether it is used to lay the floor, wall or solid wood furniture of the living room or bedroom, the texture atmosphere presented by the wood is always very charming! There are many types of wood materials available on the market. Here are five types of wood.
Here are five types of wood: 1. Rubberwood; 2. Chinese fir; 3. Tie wood; 4. Sapele; 5. Pinewood. Rubberwood is processed from wood that can’t be produced, so it is environmentally friendly. The texture of Chinese fir is straight, easy to process, and is soft and hard. Tie wood has good stability and is not easy to deform. The price for Sapele is cheaper than ordinary teak, and the rot resistance and insect resistance are all middle and upper. Pinewood is the most economic wood material for furniture, but it is also a very wonderful material for you to use in your small furniture because it is very beautiful for its wooden pattern.
- Pine wood: It has obvious wood grain, light wood color, and a unique aroma. Because this is a fast-growing wood, it is produced in large quantities at home and abroad, and the price is, therefore, cheaper than other woods. However, due to the softness of the pinewood, it is not suitable for the manufacture of some large-scale furniture for bearing weight, otherwise, the wood will crack easily. In addition, pinewood is prone to pinworms and deformation problems.
- Rubberwood: Rubberwood is processed from wood that can no longer be produced, so it is an environmentally friendly wood. It is also called ivory wood because it has a light color tone like natural ivory. In general, its texture is very uniform and has strong plasticity. However, rubberwood itself has speckles and black spots, and its surface is rough. In addition, because the wood is soft, it is easy to leave scratches.
- Chinese fir: It mainly grows in China and Southeast Asia. The wood is yellowish-white, sometimes the heartwood is light reddish-brown, the texture is straight, easy to process, has an aroma, and the wood is soft and hard.
- Tiewood: The main origin of the ashwood is North America. The sapwood is light or nearly white, so it is also known as ash. This kind of wood has good stability and is not easy to deform.
- Sapele: This is a kind of exotic wood produced in Africa. It is called “African teak”, but the price is cheaper than ordinary teak, and the rot resistance and insect resistance are all middle and upper.
So you probably will wonder which kind of wooden material that EVERPRETTY Furniture will use, right? For that question, all we can say is we can use all those wooden materials if you have the special requirements on the wooden material. If you want to know more about which kind of wooden material we will use and how we gotta using it, please contact us and we will let you see via an online meeting. 🙂