“With education being a top priority for many countries worldwide, educators are looking for new ways for students to develop better in classrooms. This, in terms, fosters the creativity of students and leads to increased productivity….”
Collaboration in classes with traditional furniture involves reorganizing the classroom, with students moving desks and chairs around to interact. However, classroom furniture like this does not account for the student’s strengths.
Innovative classroom furniture can act as a modern classroom solution that encourages interaction, collaboration, and connections to the different learning styles of students. To proffer modern classroom solutions for students and improve the classroom environment, we encourage educators to look into the different school furniture types that exist:
1. Individual Workspaces – People often associate the word “individual” with secluded, but that isn’t the case. An individual workspace is part of a collective but demarcated. Creating individual workspaces addresses students’ unique preferences. Meanwhile, it’s important to choose ergonomic classroom furniture that incorporates options that are not “one size fits all” but adapt well to individuals of different sizes and physical predispositions.
This modern classroom solution allows the student to move around the classroom quickly while being comfortable enough for personal use. Students can lay claim to the desk with personal effects, which encourages more creativity.
2. Group Workplaces – Collaboration has been linked to higher-level thinking skills in students, which is why group interaction should be encouraged in class. Group workplaces need sufficient room for the students to interact and brainstorm on collaborative ideas, as well as flexible classroom furniture that opens rather than closes spatial configurations to the entire group.
What Furnishings Work Best: Examples of group workspaces furniture are the leisure stool and study set. The leisure stool and study set are ideal for group workplaces because of their comfort and clustered formation.
3. Presentation Spaces – Modern classroom solutions should include presentation spaces where students can easily share information and boost their public speaking skills. For this kind of space, where limited square footage is a factor, mobile and versatile furniture is a great choice to deliver optimal spatial configurations and maximize the room that is available.
What Furnishings Work Best: The mobile writing board and 3-flap foldable board are suitable furniture for presentation spaces. This furniture would keep the students alert and keep the presentation engaging.
4. Quiet Retreat Spaces – Quiet retreat spaces are usually a fan favorite with students because they are often comfortable and relaxing. The average quiet retreat space exists as a separate entity in a collective classroom space while being an engaging space for students. Featured furniture in quiet retreat spaces should be cozy and mentally stimulating for the students.
What Furnishings Work Best: Whereas desks with private dividers often denoted this type of area in the past, cozier furnishing elements, such as leisure sitting stools, represent a more forward-thinking alternative for the classroom.
Adapting the Right Classroom Furniture to Facilitate the Learning Experience
Ergonomic modern classroom solution aids the development of sustainable values in students, encouraging them to be more creative and active. Then, subconsciously or consciously, the students will take note of the impact the furniture has on the environment. Such recognition can guide the value systems of the students.
Hereby, when looking at furniture as a modern classroom solution that builds the learning environment, you cannot simply select any furniture. The following principles would act as a guide for educators looking to select innovative classroom furniture:
- Identify the pathways among students and between learning zones. As it is possible, recognize the relationship between certain learning behaviors in your students and the teaching/learning method used in your class. Select your classroom furniture based on the information deducted, and choose if you want the students stationary or mobile.
- Visualize the areas that are either overused or underused. Take note of the classroom sections in which the students spend the most and the least time. To ensure that each area is used efficiently, think up creative ways to mix the learning spaces.
- Pair activities with classroom furniture that is best suited to each task. Decision-makers in learning institutions can fit lecture or presentation workspaces with ergonomic chairs and desks. At the same time, quiet retreat areas can have comfortable furniture that allows students to focus.
- Designate storage areas not only for learning possessions but also for classroom furniture. By systematically organizing the classroom furniture, you will not only receive the best outcome of your setting (size and configuration) but also help promote clarity among students when it comes to reorganizing the classroom for certain activities.
Find Your Inspiration
Educators will always find classroom furniture that fits all students’ learning needs with dozens of designs and colors while providing functional workspaces for teachers. When it comes to choosing furniture for the future, you want to be in business with school furniture manufacturers that have experience catering to tomorrow.
EVERPRETTY has been in this industry for more than 20 years and is committed to providing the highest quality furniture for our clients. EVERPRETTY has served thousands of customers in 86+ countries. The best part about EVERPRETTY is that we handle everything from design to logistics, ensuring customer satisfaction. To find out what your classroom/ school is missing, visit EVERPRETTY today!